Monday, January 28, 2008

Life-Work Balance

A typical day:
  • 6:30 The alarm clock rings. We cuddle and sleep some more before
  • 7:00 we get up.
  • 7:00-8:30 I shower, prepare breakfast, I get the kids ready and bring them to school or kindergarten. My wife drives to work.
  • 9:00-18:00 I work until at 6pm I go home to send our house maid home.
  • 18:00-19:00 I prepare dinner and eat with the kids.
  • 19:00 My wife comes home and joins us for dinner
  • 19:00-20:00 I get the kids ready, read them a good-night story and bring them to bed
  • 20:00-21:00 Clean up the kitchen and most of the apartment
  • 21:00-23:00 Relax with my wife. We talk, read, and, very rarely, watch TV
  • 23:00 Bed time
Of course the exact times change from day to day, but this is our daily routine.

During the week we only have 1 or 2 hours alone. During this time we have to talk about the kid's school, our work situations and all the little things that you need to do to keep your household alife. By the time we are ready and relaxed enough to get intimate, we are usually too tired. My sex drive keeps me awake, but my wife is often too worn out. And so, over the years, we have neglected our relationship. We are not estranged, but our sex life often slips into a mechanical routine that neither of us enjoys.
I have often tried to break this routine by suggesting one romantic evening per week in which we leave the daily matters behind and concentrate just on us. My wife never liked the idea: "Romance is something spontaneous that you cannot plan" she always said. So eventually I dropped the issue altogether. I think she did not like the romantic evening, because for her it meant prescribed sex.
Recently, however, my wife controls the bedroom. She decides every aspect of our sex life and she loves it. I guess this has taken the tension of her. And now my wife has become sympathetic with the idea of a romantic evening. Last night she proposed to reserve Thursday nights for us. She knows that nothing must happen, but anything may.
Of course I am very anxious not to put any pressure on her. My wife wanted to know what I suggest for our first special evening. I said that I would love to just serve and pamper her. I would be her obedient slave that fulfills her every wish. While she relaxes on the couch, I would bring her drinks, massage her, make her life as sweet as possible.
"That sounds wonderful"
was her answer.

Later in bed, I held her in my arms while she gently caressed my erection. I wanted to know how much she is into her new role, so I said, referring to the organ in her hand,
"This is your personal property, you know?"
To which she replied
"Yes, I'm getting used to the idea."
She continued to caress me for a few more minutes, before she wished me good night and left me aroused and denied.

The following morning, I was sitting on our bed to get dressed and my wife returned from the shower. She stood before me and pulled my head towards her so that my face came to rest between her wonderful naked breasts. It was so exciting. She told me how much she loved me and as I started to kiss her breasts, she added
"Your breasts and my penis."
Obviously she has embraced the idea that she owns my genitals. I had to corrected her and said
"No my love. Your penis and your breasts."
After that she pulled me closer again and held me very tight. I have rarely felt so deeply in love.

1 comment:

helpmate hubby said...

Awe i loved the ending, great post!