Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What do you do when your Mistress is tired?

What do you do when your Mistress is too tired to dominate? When she is too exhausted to be interested in anybody else? I don't want to complain, yet sometimes I need to let off steam.

I must complain even though I know that it does not help. Complaining makes everything worse. It only increases frustration, because once I complain I pay more attention to the problem.

Princess started in her new job in January and she is still on probation. She works in a new field. On top of her work, she has to learn new things, get acquainted with new colleagues, and so on. She leaves the house at seven and is not back before seven. During the week, she does not get enough sleep. She is tired, moody, and what's worse, she wants nobody around. She wants to be left alone. Worst of all, when Princess is tired for a few days, she becomes depressed. By the end of the week she is a wreck.

I would be tired and exhausted, yet, I am rarely that tired. And, I have lots of other interests. I write, I draw, I take photos, I read books and most important, I care for my wife and my children. These things help me to relax. They divert my attention from the problems at work. These things are my other life, my real life, the life I love. Without these things I could not be productive and creative at work.

Princess has no other regular interests. When she comes home, she literally drops dead on our couch. No music, no TV. For the next hour she will not open her eyes. She will not move. She does not sleep, she is in a coma like state.. When she finally gets up, she will prepare for bed.
Princess is so burned-out that I wonder how this can continue. I wonder how I can help or support her. She does not want me around.

I don't see her when she is away and I don't see her when she is back. This is no wife-led marriage, this is not even a vanilla marriage. This is apartment sharing.
I think every couple has phases like this. Some couples have even more stress and strain than we do. I must not complain. I should be patient. I should focus on making her live easier. To help her relax. But how?

Last weekend we did not have much sex, because Princess was too tired. But we had some interesting conversations during the day. Princess told me how much she suffers under her current situation and how much she misses intimacy during the week.

At least I am not the only one who suffers. If we both agree that there is a problem, we can look for a solution.

1 comment:

Susan's Pet said...

My friend,

I have not been commenting on what I have read lately, but your current post is compelling. It sounds so real, so true, so much like life. I feel what you express. You may be having a periodic downswing in your ability to cope with an imperfect life.

Your description of your wife's approach to this new career is graphic. Not only does she rob you of her company and attention, she also deprives herself of intimacy which could help her in her job. You need to let her know that the extent of her dedication to that job is misplaced. Your family is much more important, and she needs to realize that. No matter how much she has invested in it already, she needs to back off enough to begin enjoying life again, else it will pass her by.