Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Why I blog?

This post is a response to some comments on Susan's Pet's blog.
Why do we blog? Why do I blog?

Of course I do enjoy the weekly statistics of my blog. I love the comments. But most of all, I write for myself.

I blog, because I like to write in English, which is obviously not my mother tongue.
I blog, because writing my thoughts down helps me to stay focused.

After I write an entry, things are clearer to me than they were before, and often I feel tempted to retract the post, because suddenly everything seems much clearer and simpler.
Writing is thinking.

When I started this blog, I did not expect anybody to be interested in my musings. But when I see how many people per day stay on my blog for longer than two minutes, I feel gratified.

I love the comments, but I have noticed that the more unrefined a post is, the more comments I get. If you give all the answers, why would anybody comment at all? This encourages me to post more and polish less :-)

1 comment:

MikeCindynJoe said...

There is obvious wisdom in your observations about comments. I am so complete in my postings, I tend to tie off all loose ends, precluding many chances for a comment.

Lesson learned, thanks.

Mike